April Sports Announcements
There is a way for EVERY child to play…
SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE IN EACH SPORT
Please contact: Community Action Center of Northfield, 507-664-3550
We encourage you to check each association’s website for the most current information.
- Indoor Flag Football: Grades PreK-5, Saturdays, April 2-23, various times, Northfield Middle School, $29
- Kids Evolve Yoga: Grades 2-5, Mondays, April 4-May 9, 3:30-4:15 p.m., Spring Creek Elementary, $69
- Swimming Lessons: Ages 6+, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, April 5-14, various times, Northfield Middle School, $45
- Horseback Riding: Ages 8+, Wednesdays, April 6-May 11, 4-5 p.m., Winterhaven Stables, $162
- Girls On The Run: Grades 3-5, Tuesdays & Thursdays, April 12-June 7, 3:15-5 p.m., Greenvale Park Elementary & Spring Creek Elementary, $150, register through Girls On The Run only.
- Soccer Skills: Grades 1-5, Monday-Thursday, April 18-21, 3:30-4:30 p.m., Greenvale Park Elementary, $29
- Soccer Skills: Grades 1-5, Monday-Thursday, April 25-28, 3:30-4:30 p.m., Spring Creek Elementary, $29
- Soccer Skills: Grades 1-5, Monday-Thursday, May 2-5, 3:30-4:30 p.m., Bridgewater Elementary, $29
- Taekwondo: Ages 8+, Tuesdays & Thursdays, April 19-May 26, 6:15-7 p.m. beginner, 6:15-7:30 p.m. advanced, Spring Creek Elementary, $75/individual, $125/2 people, $150/3 people
- Youth Gumdo: Ages 7-11, Tuesdays, April 19-May 24, 6:15-7 p.m., Northfield High School, $74
- Gumdo: Ages 12+, Tuesdays & Thursdays, April 19-May 26, 7:45-8:45 p.m., Spring Creek Elementary, $86
- Track Camp: Grades 1-5, Saturdays, April 30-May 14, 9-10:30 a.m., Middle School Track, $30
Registration for Girls Lacrosse Club is now open! Please note that registration closes April 13, 2022, including for high school players, so don’t delay!
We also want to mention a few changes we’ll be seeing this year.
We’re moving to an “in-house” program rather than the travel program with MSLAX that we’ve done in previous years. We’re at a point where we’re looking to rebuild our teams and give the girls a fun, focused lacrosse experience at a reduced cost. The season will extend from April 18 to about July 18. It will consist of two practices per week, with internal scrimmages built into each practice. We’ll also coordinate with surrounding communities like New Prague, Farmington, and others to play scrimmages with other teams. Our aim is to get at least six scrimmages with other teams built into the season. Note that if a particular age group ends up with enough players for a travel squad, we’ll discuss the option of joining MSLAX.
We’re also opening up the program to younger players with a K-2 program!
For this year’s in-house program only, costs will be:
- K-2: Free
- Grades 3-6: $50 for new players, $125 for returning players
- Grades 7-12: $50 for new players doing the spring and/or summer sessions, $100 for returning players doing summer session only (if playing with the high school during the spring session), $125 for returning players doing spring and summer sessions (not playing with the high school during the spring session)
In addition to our club registration fees, you’ll need to register with USA Lacrosse, which is a $15 to $35 fee, depending on age. And as always, scholarships are available through the Community Action Center (contact Jennifer Toth at 507-573-2705).
We’ll hold a Pre-Season Meeting and Ice Cream Social to share information about the season (date and location TBD). Players and parents to attend. Please see our website at www.northfieldlacrosse.com for more information and to register.
Summer is a great time to stay cool in the ice rink! Registration opens April 1 (no foolin’) for summer classes running Tuesday evenings starting June 14. Classes are available for beginners, advanced athletes, adults and more – everyone ages 4 and up. Browse class information in the Community Education brochure or visit our Facebook page for our summer flyer and more details. Community-based and nationally-recognized, Northfield Skating School builds skills and confidence for skating and for life in a positive environment with certified, professional instructors. See you at the rink!
It’s time to register for spring/summer soccer! Registration is open now and closes April 15. https://www.northfieldsoccer.org/registration/
In-House is a recreational program for kids ages 4-8. Sessions are held Tuesday and Thursday evenings at the Spring Creek Soccer Complex beginning in late May. We focus on having fun, learning the sport, and developing a love of soccer!
The Academy is a developmental program for kids ages 8-10 that bridges the transition between in-house and traveling soccer. Players get the chance to get significant time with the ball under the supervision of veteran coach Gabe Kortuem, who provides feedback and guidance on technical skills and team play. The Academy starts in late April and meets 2-3 days per week: two days of training (Mondays and Thursdays) supplemented by friendly games with nearby community teams one additional day per week.
- U4 – $55
- U6 – $70
- U8 – $80
- U9 & U10 (Academy) – $165
Scholarships are available! Please contact Tammy Seymour at email@example.com to learn more or request a scholarship. More information is available on our website (https://www.northfieldsoccer.org/registration/), with registration updates posted to our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/northfieldsoccer).
The Northfield Swim Club is a year-round competitive swim club that serves swimmers ages 6-18 years old in Northfield, Cannon Falls, Randolph, and other surrounding communities. We are a 100+ member club with swimmers who are just beginning competitive swimming to swimmers who are state-level competitors. Swimmers can participate in a free assessment at any time once they can swim 25 yards continuously on their front and their back! Swimmers can start and stop any month of their choosing!
Check the website (www.northfieldswimclub.org) for details on registration or email Head Coach Jesse Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Keep an eye on our website for information regarding current and upcoming volleyball seasons!