August Sports Announcements
There is a way for EVERY child to play …
SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE IN EACH SPORT
Please contact: Community Action Center of Northfield, 507-664-3550
We encourage you to check each association’s website for the most current information.
Note: Each organization’s title in red font links to its website.
Community Ed is offering a number of great programs in August this year. Choose a class, or join us for our popular events! https://northfieldschools.ce.eleyo.com/
- Swim Lessons: M-Th, 8/1-8/11, various times, all ages
- Ninja/Tag Games Camp: M-Th, 8/1-8/4, 1-4 p.m., ages 4-6
- Badminton Camp: M-Th, 8/1-8/4, 1-4 p.m., ages 8-14
- Ultimate Frisbee Camp: M-Th, 8/1-8/4, 9 a.m.-noon, ages 8-14
- International Soccer Camp: M-F, 8/1-8/5, various times, ages 3-14
- Youth & Middle School Football Camp: T, W, Th, 8/2-8/4, 6-7:30 p.m., entering grades 1-8
- Group Riding Camp: Th, 8/2-8/23, 6:30-7:30 p.m., ages 4+
- Horse Camp: M-Th, 8/8-8/11 and/or 8/22-8/25, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., ages 4-17
- Little & Big Ripper Lacrosse: M-Th, 8/8-8/11, 9 a.m.-noon, ages 5-12
- Mini-Hawk Camp: M-Th, 8/8-8/11, 9 a.m.-noon, ages 4-7
- Fencing: M-Th, 8/8-8/11, 1-4 p.m., entering grades 2-12
- Mother-Daughter Yoga Retreat: M, 8/17, 6:30-8:30 p.m., ages 13+
- River Bend Paddle: Th, 8/18, various times, ages 5+
- Cheer Camp: Sa, 8/20, 9 a.m.-2 p.m., grades K-8
- All Comers Track Meet: W, 8/24, 6 p.m., all ages (middle school track, free)
- Hometown Hoedown & Horseshoe Hunt: T, 8/30, 5-8 p.m., all ages
The Northfield Hockey Association offers in-house and traveling competitive teams for boys and girls ages 4-15. The season runs from October through February. Several new skater programs are offered, including a beginner Hockey Skating and Skills class offered in collaboration with Northfield Skating School, and Try Hockey for Free, offered annually on a Saturday in November.
Online registration opens in August (see website for details).
In-house Program, for boys and girls ages 4-8, is designed to help skaters learn the basics of hockey through recreational team play. No experience is necessary.
Traveling Competitive Teams offer a more advanced level of play. Players will not only further develop their skating skills, but will also work on stick handling, positioning, and game strategy. Older beginners are welcome to start at this level, but starting hockey in conjunction with the NSS Hockey Skating and Skills class is strongly recommended for older beginners.
The Northfield Hockey Association provides a positive, competitive learning environment for all players and teaches the virtues of athletics, such as hard work, discipline, teamwork and fun. New players at all ages are encouraged.
Registration is NOW OPEN for fall classes on Sundays starting Sept 21. Classes are available for beginners, advanced athletes, adults and more — everyone ages 4 and up. Browse class information in the Community Education brochure or visit our Facebook page for our fall flyer and more details. Community-based and nationally-recognized, Northfield Skating School builds skills and confidence for skating and for life in a positive environment with certified, professional instructors. Many classes do fill up, so register for your spot today!
The Northfield Tennis Association works closely with Northfield Community Ed to provide a variety of summer tennis programs. Most of our programs wrap up by the end of July, but there will be lessons for kids offered later in the fall. Check the next Community Ed brochure for more details!
Northfield Volleyball Club Fall Season is fast approaching! Registration opens Aug. 1. Fall tryouts take place on Thursday, Aug. 18 at the Northfield Middle School gymnasium from 6-7:30 p.m. Please contact us with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or see our website for additional details and to register: Northfieldvolleyball.com