August Sports Announcements
There is a way for EVERY child to play …
SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE IN EACH SPORT
Please contact: Community Action Center of Northfield, 507-664-3550
We encourage you to check each association’s website for the most current information.
Note: Each organization’s title in red font links to its website.
Youth Sports are coming back in September! Keep an eye on our website for information and registration.
Other things to keep youth active:
- Swimming Lessons (all ages)
- Open Gym (all ages)
- Personal Training (all ages)
- Intramural Sports – volleyball, basketball, and more! (grades 9-12)
- Youth Memberships (up to 17 years old)
- Fitness Orientations (all ages)
The YMCA has activities for all!
The Northfield Basketball Association provides a high-quality, positive basketball experience that inspires each player to continue to play and develop their skills, and teaches life lessons through positive interaction and sports. New players are encouraged at all levels!
The Northfield Basketball Association offers in-house and traveling competitive teams and skills/play seasons for boys in grades K-8. The in-house and skills/play sessions run from November to January. The traveling season runs from October through March. Online registration opens in August.
- Taekwondo: Tu/Th, Aug. 1-17, 6:30-7:15 p.m., ages 11+, Northfield High School Athletic Fields, $45
- Intro to Martial Arts: T/Th, Aug. 1-17, 6-6:30 p.m., ages 6+, Northfield High School Athletic Fields, $40
- Gumdo: T/Th, Aug. 1-17, 7:30-8:30 p.m., ages 12+, Northfield Middle School Athletic Fields, $59
- Raider Football Camp, Tu-Th, Aug. 1-3, 6-7:30 p.m., entering grades 1-9, Northfield High School Practice Fields, $25-$40
- Skyhawks Soccer Camp: M-Th, Aug. 7-10, 9 a.m.-noon, ages 6-12, Middle School Soccer Fields, $125
- Sports Unlimited Little & Big Ripper Lacrosse Camp: M-Th, Aug. 7-10, 9 a.m.-noon, ages 5-12, Middle School Soccer Fields, $88
- Sports Unlimited Ninja/Tag Camp: M-Th, Aug. 7-10, 9 a.m.-noon, ages 4-6, Tyler Park, $88
- MN Youth Rugby Rookie Rugby Camp: M-Th, Aug. 7-10, 9 a.m.-noon, entering grades K-8, High School Practice Fields, $29
- Horse Camp: M-Th, Aug. 7-10, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., ages 4-17, Cornerstone on the Vermillion, $400
- Orienteering: Tu, Aug. 8, 10:30 a.m.-noon, ages 10-14, River Bend Nature Center, $35
- Geocaching: M, Aug. 8, 12:30-2 p.m., ages 8-12, River Bend Nature Center, $35
- Paddle: Th, Aug. 17, 9-10:30 a.m., 10:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m., 1-2:30 p.m., ages 5+, Alexander Park, $29/person or $55/family
- Cheer Camp: Sa, Aug. 19, 9 a.m.-2 p.m., entering grades K-12, Northfield High School, $50
- All-Comers Track Meet: W, Aug. 23, 6 p.m., all ages, Northfield Middle School Track, no charge
- Firearm Safety Field Day: Sa, Aug. 26, 9-11 a.m. or 11 a.m.-1 p.m., ages 11+, Cannon River Sportsmen’s Club TBA, $19
- Park Bingo: Anytime in August, all ages, various city parks, $15/group
Northfield Girls Basketball registration for 2023-2024 Season Traveling Team (grades 4-7) and In-House Program (K-3) is NOW OPEN! For additional details and registration, click here.
NGC has just announced a NEW PROGRAM. NorthStar Acro & Tumbling will open at NGC beginning in August and will run throughout the fall. To find out more about the NEW NCAA sport sweeping the nation, visit our webpage and click on A&T or check out our latest social media posts.
Join our Northfield Youth Hockey program. Registration for returning and new skaters will open soon! Please watch our Facebook page as well as our website, www.northfieldhockey.net for more details in the coming weeks.
Fall registration for Northfield Skating Schools opens Aug. 4 through Northfield Community Education. Join us to build skills and confidence for skating and for life with our team of professional coaches in a fun environment!
Lessons take place Sunday afternoons, Oct. 1-Nov. 12. Figure skaters, hockey players, and recreational skaters are welcome; ages 4-adult. Follow Northfield Skating School on Facebook and Instagram for more frequent updates. We are a Learn to Skate USA program, using the official curriculum of the three national governing bodies of ice sports.
Northfield Volleyball Fall Season is upon us! Fall registration runs from Aug. 1-21. Tryouts are Tuesday, Aug. 22 from 6-8 p.m. at the Northfield Middle School gymnasium. Doors open at 5.30 p.m. for check-in. Participants must have a $30.00 non-refundable tryout fee and a signed liability waiver to tryout.