September Sports Announcements
There is a way for EVERY child to play…
SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE IN EACH SPORT
Please contact: Community Action Center of Northfield, 507-664-3550
We encourage you to check each association’s website for the most current information.
The Northfield chapter of MYSL is an all-volunteer club of the statewide organization that got Jessie Diggins her start in skiing! We teach cross country skiing in a fun and non-competitive environment to kids ages 3-12. We gather every Sunday afternoon at Carleton’s Cowling Arboretum in January and February. Registration opens in October, and slots fill up quickly! Rental gear is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or want to receive a reminder about when registration opens.
The Northfield Area Family YMCA is running a variety of family and youth programming this fall! Programs are available to both YMCA members and community members. Please check our website for the latest updates and program offerings. Scholarships are available for memberships (did you know we have a youth membership?!) and programs.
Registration is opening at the end of August. Please visit our website to register for grades K-8.
K-3rd Grade FREE Clinic!
Dates: 9/18/, 9/25, 10/2, 10/9
K/1: 8-8:55 a.m.
2/3: 9:05-10 a.m.
Location: Greenvale Park Elementary School
No pre-registration required
Sunday Open Shooting for grades 4-12 (free)
Dates: 9/19, 9/26, 10/3, 10/10
Location: Northfield High School
No pre-registration required
In-House Season (registration open soon): Our goal of the In-House program is to introduce the game of basketball, develop skills, have fun, and promote continued participation in the NBA. With a progressive series of skills that advance with each grade level, we will develop a program that challenges players to stretch themselves while staying within attainable skill sets. We strive to support all of the players through their development, regardless of skill level.
- K – 6
- Dates: November 1 – February 26
- Specific Dates and Times: TBD
- In-House groups will practice one weeknight and have 3-on-3 games Saturday mornings.
- Register at: www.northfieldbasketball.com
- Hometown Hoedown (all ages), Tuesday, 8/31, 5-8 p.m., Dakota Stables, $15/family
- Group Riding Lessons (ages 4+), Tuesdays, 9/7-9/28, 6:30-7:30 p.m., Cornerstone on the Vermillion, $180
- Swim Lessons Levels 1-6 (ages 6+), Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, 9/13-9/22, Northfield Middle School Pool, $45
- Flag Football (grades 2-5) Monday & Thursday evenings, 9/13-10/7, Sechler Park, $49, DEADLINE TO REGISTER is SEPT. 7.
- Shorin-Ryu Karate (ages 8+), Mondays & Wednesdays, 9/13-12/15, 6:45-8 p.m., NCEC Gym
- Gumdo Youth – Korean Sword (ages 7-12), Tuesdays, 9/14-10/19, 6:15-7 p.m., Northfield High School Auxiliary Gym, $72
- Gumdo Teen – Korean Sword (ages 12+), Tuesdays & Thursdays, 9/14-10/26, 7:30-8:30 p.m., Spring Creek Elementary Cafeteria, $72
- Taekwondo (ages 8+), Tuesdays & Thursdays, 9/14-10/26, Beginner @ 6:30-7:15 p.m., Advanced @ 6:30-7:30 p.m., Spring Creek Elementary Cafeteria, $75/individual, $125/2 people, $175/3+ people
- Horseback Riding (ages 8+), Wednesdays, 9/15-10/20, 4-5 p.m., Winterhaven Stables, $139
- Mini Raider Football Practice (grades K &1) Saturdays, 9/18, 10/2, & 10/16, 9-10 a.m., Northfield Varsity Football Field with Coach Yule, $30
- Track & Field Sampler (grades K-2 @ 9:15-10:15 a.m. & grades 3-5 @ 10:30-11:30 a.m.), Saturdays, 9/18-10/9, Northfield Middle School track, $35
- YEL Soccer (grades K-3) Wednesdays, 9/22-10/27, 3:30-4:30 p.m., Bridgewater Elementary, $69
- Swim Lessons – Water Babies, Aqua Tots, Starfish (ages 6 months-5 years), Mondays, 9/27-11/15, options from 5:15-7:30 p.m., Northfield AmericInn, $45
- Birthday Parties (all ages), Saturdays, 8 a.m.-2:30 p.m., instructor & facility availability, Northfield Middle School Gym, $50-$120 (packages: sport, recreation, team building, pool, craft)
- Basketball Workout (boys & girls grades 4-12) Hourly private lessons with Darrell Sawyer, flexible schedule, contact Community Ed for more information, 507-664-3502.
- Boys & Girls Bowling, Thursdays or Fridays, 9/16 & 9/17-11/18 & 11/19, 4-5:30 p.m., Jesse James Lanes, $85-$89
Girls Basketball Registration is opening Sept. 1! We have in-house programs for grades K-3 and traveling teams for grades 4-8. In House is two days a week (a week night TBD and Saturday mornings) from the beginning of November through mid-December. The traveling teams have two practices a week with five to six weekend tournaments. Those teams begin after MEA break and go through the end of February. Come and meet new friends, learn some skills, and have a great time! Visit our website to register!
Registration is now open for the 2021-22 Season! Visit this webpage for more information!
Northfield Skating School is BACK this fall with a full plate of classes for ages 4-adult. REGISTER NOW through Sept. 24 with Northfield Community Education.
Northfield Skating School is an official Learn To Skate USA program where participants build skills and confidence for skating and for life. Join our fun, professional, and inclusive learning environment and learn from trained and certified professional instructors. For information, please contact Melissa Bernhard (email@example.com), Director Carey (NorthfieldSkatingSchool@gmail.com), or visit our Facebook page.
There’s still time to sign up for fall soccer!
- The in-house program, for players ages 4-8, begins Sept. 11, with sessions held Saturday mornings through October 2. Registration closes on Sept. 10.
- The academy program, for players ages 8-10, begins Aug. 30, with sessions held Monday and Thursday evenings, and a final session on Saturday, Oct. 2. Registration closes on Sept. 5.
Looking for opportunities for more competitive players ages 10-18? Although traveling teams for the fall season have already formed, follow @NorthfieldSoccer on Facebook and visit our website at www.northfieldsoccer.org for information on winter training opportunities and spring/summer traveling registration.
The Northfield Swim Club is a year-round competitive swim club that serves swimmers ages 6-18 years old in Northfield, Cannon Falls, Randolph, and other surrounding communities. We are a 100+ member club with swimmers who are just beginning competitive swimming to swimmers who are state-level competitors. If you can swim at least one length of the pool (25 yards), you can join the swim club! We offer fall, winter, spring and summer sessions. Check the website for latest updates to our schedule!
The Northfield Swim Club is committed to safety and complies with procedures and guidelines of the Minnesota Department of Health, Minnesota Swimming, and USA Swimming during Covid19. Check the website for details about the upcoming Fall Session and registration information!
We will offer one more session of tennis lessons for kids this fall! We will partner with Northfield Community Education. Please go to our website or sign up through Community Ed!
With our fall season underway, watch for our winter season tryouts coming in November for girls ages 11-16! Check our website regularly for updates.