November Sports Announcements
There is a way for EVERY child to play…
SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE IN EACH SPORT
Please contact: Community Action Center of Northfield, 507-664-3550
We encourage you to check each association’s website for the most current information.
Note: Each organization’s title in red font links to its website.
Northfield Area Family YMCA
The YMCA has activities for all this fall!
- Middle School Activity Nights
- Homework Help
- Swimming Lessons
- Birthday Parties
- Open Gym
- Personal Training
- Intramural Sports
- Youth Memberships
- Fitness Orientations
More programs to come. Check our website for more information.
Northfield Community Education
- Equestrian Club: Fridays, Nov. 11-Dec. 2, 6:30–7:30 p.m., ages 4–7, Cornerstone on the Vermillion
- Taekwondo – Youth: Tuesdays and Thursdays, Nov. 1-Dec. 15 (Beginner 6:15–7 p.m. and Advanced 6:45–7:45 p.m.), ages 8+, Spring Creek Elementary School Cafeteria
- Gumdo Teen – Korean Sword: Tuesdays and Thursdays, Nov. 1-Dec. 13, 7:45–8:45 p.m., ages 12+, Spring Creek Elementary School Cafeteria
- Gumdo Youth: Tuesdays, Nov. 1-Dec. 13, 6:15–7 p.m., Northfield High School Auxiliary Gym, ages 7–12
Northfield Hockey Association
Try Hockey For Free Day is Coming Up! Save the Date and sign up NOW!
Who: Any and ALL students grades pre-K–3
Date: Saturday, Nov. 5
Time: 1–2 p.m.
Place: Northfield Ice Arena
Why: This is the place and the time to try hockey! It’s FREE with ALL equipment
included! NHA Coaches and NHS Raider Boys and Girls hockey players are
teaming up! They will be in the arena and on the ice to help and encourage our
youth to TRY hockey.
Northfield Skating School
Build Skills and Confidence for Skating and for Life this winter with NSS! Winter registration opens Dec. 1 for lessons running Jan. 15 through March 5. Group, specialty, and private lessons available on Sundays to athletes of all abilities, ages 4 through adult. Come learn to skate with our professionally certified staff in a positive, safe environment!
Northfield Soccer Association
Registration for our Winter Training program is now open, and for the first time, we’re opening it up to younger players! Training begins Monday, Jan. 9, 2023, and is open to players ages U6–U18. Please register online at northfieldsoccer.org/winter by Dec. 31, 2022.
Northfield Volleyball Club
Registration for the 2023 Winter season is open! Girls in grades 4–10 are eligible to try out. Tryouts will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 8, from 6:30–8 p.m. at Northfield Middle School for ages 11 and 12 (grades 4–6). Tryouts will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 15, from 6:30–8 p.m. at Northfield Middle School for ages 14–16 (grades 7–10). Additional details and the link to register can be found on our website.
The James Gang youth wrestling season will begin with a parent meeting on Nov. 7 at 7 p.m. at the Northfield High School. Wrestling practices will begin on Nov. 10 in the High School wrestling room. All practices will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Beginner Wrestling practice is from 6-7 p.m.
- Advanced Wrestling practice is from 7-8 p.m.