December Sports Announcements
There is a way for EVERY child to play…
SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE IN EACH SPORT
Please contact: Community Action Center of Northfield, 507-664-3550
We encourage you to check each association’s website for the most current information.
The Northfield Area Family YMCA has programs for youth of all ages; from swimming lessons to group fitness and personal training, there is something for everyone! Check our website for current offerings.
Northfield Community Education is excited to announce a partnership with Eleyo. Eleyo is an easy-to-use, mobile-friendly technology for online registration, account management, and payments. Starting on December 3, Eleyo will power the online registration for our Community Education programs. We’re excited about what Eleyo will provide our customers and the convenience it will create for our community members. Account owners will use their online Eleyo account to register, pay for, and manage accounts on any device; view and print invoices, receipts, and annual tax statements; manage and request schedule changes; and pay for programs using secure and convenient digital payment methods, including Apple Pay.
Beginning December 3, please click the button below to complete your registration!
- Group Riding Lessons: Tuesdays, Dec. 7-28, 6:30-7:30 p.m., Cornerstone on the Vermillion, ages 4 and up, $180
- Horse Camp: Tuesday & Wednesday, Dec. 28 & 29, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Cornerstone on the Vermillion, ages 4-17, $250
- Basketball Camp: Wednesday & Thursday, Dec. 29 & 30, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Greenvale Park Gymnasium, ages 6-12, $51
- Ninja/Tag Games: Wednesday & Thursday, Dec. 29 & 30, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Northfield Middle School Gymnasium, ages 4-8, $51.
- Flag Football Camp: Monday & Tuesday, Dec. 27 & 28, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Greenvale Park Gymnasium, ages 6-12, $51
Our season is underway. We are in the middle of our Traveling season, and In House finishes on Dec. 11. We have many new girls out for basketball this year, and that is very exciting! Check the Community Education catalog for another winter session put on by Community Ed. We will have opportunities available in the summer, also.
Save the date: Saturday, April 2, 2022, will be our Girls Basketball Bowling Fundraiser. See our website for more information. This is a family event, and we are excited to team up with Flaherty’s for this event!
Check out our newly remodeled website for party, open gym, and day camp info for over the holiday break! Join us for our revamped programming starting Jan. 3, 2022!
Try Girls Lacrosse! We’re offering free lacrosse clinics at the Dundas Dome for girls from kindergarten through high school, all skill levels. Equipment provided if needed; just sign the waiver at the door. We can’t wait to see you! Bring your friends! First clinic is Sunday, Dec. 5, at 6:30 p.m.
Questions? Contact email@example.com
It’s the most wonderful time of the year … to learn to skate! Bring a buddy or family member and join Northfield Skating School classes this winter! Lessons are offered for ages 4-adult, including beginners, advanced and competitive skaters, teens, and aspiring hockey players. REGISTER NOW through Jan. 6 with Northfield Community Education. Classes run Jan. 16-Feb. 28 on Sundays at the Northfield Ice Arena.
Northfield Skating School is an official Learn To Skate USA program where participants build skills and confidence for skating and for life. Join our fun, professional, and inclusive learning environment and learn from trained and certified professional instructors. For information, please contact Melissa Bernhard (firstname.lastname@example.org), Director Carey (NorthfieldSkatingSchool@gmail.com), or visit our Facebook page.
Winter Training starts in January! Register now: www.northfieldsoccer.org/winter
The Northfield Soccer Association Winter Training Program is for all youth soccer players ages 9 and up who want to continue to develop their soccer skills and connect with their teammates during the off-season. With the entire Dundas Dome reserved for our players, participants will generally be separated by gender and grouped by age (9-11, 12-14, and 15 and older) as coaches lead them through training exercises and scrimmages.
Winter Training Program Details:
- Players train Monday and Thursday evenings from 6-7 p.m.
- Season runs Monday, Jan. 10, through Thursday, March 31
- No training on Feb. 24, and March 3, 7, and 10
- All sessions held at the Dundas Dome
- Cost is $175 per player
- Scholarships are available. Please contact Tammy at email@example.com for details.
The Northfield Swim Club is a year-round competitive swim club that serves swimmers ages 6-18 in Northfield, Cannon Falls, Randolph, and other surrounding communities. We are a 100+ member club with swimmers who are just beginning competitive swimming to swimmers who are state-level competitors. If you can swim at least one length of the pool (25 yards), you can join the swim club! Starting in December there will be no more sessions, and swimmers can join month to month.
The 2021-22 winter season of volleyball has begun! To learn more about NVC and future fall and winter seasons, check out our website! Keep an eye out for the 2022 fall season tryouts coming your way August 2022!
Watch for 2022 Registrations to open on or around Jan. 1!
Northfield Youth Baseball Association offers baseball for boys and girls ages K-grade 9.
- T-ball – kindergarten
- Futures (coach pitch) – 1st grade
- Rookies (machine pitch) – 2nd/3rd grades
- Minors (kid pitch) – 4th/5th grades
- SMCBL (south metro baseball league) – 6th/7th grades *minimal local travel involved
- U10 Tournament team (4th grade) – also part of In-House Minors league during weekdays
- U11 Tournament team (5th grade) – also part of In-House Minors league during weekdays
- U12 Travel team (6th grade)
- U13 Travel team (7th grade)
- U14 Travel team (8th grade)
- U15 Travel team (9th grade)
**All grades listed are those the players are in for the 2021-22 school year**
For more information: