December Sports Announcements
There is a way for EVERY child to play…
SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE IN EACH SPORT
Please contact: Community Action Center of Northfield, 507-664-3550
We encourage you to check each association’s website for the most current information.
Note: Each organization’s title in red font links to their website.
The YMCA has activities for all!
- Monthly Middle School Activity Nights (grades 6-8)
- Homework Help (grades 6-12)
- Swimming Lessons (all ages)
- Birthday Parties (all ages)
- Open Gym (all ages)
- Personal Training (all ages)
- Intramural Sports – volleyball, basketball, and more! (grades 9-12)
- Youth Memberships (up to 17 years old)
- Fitness Orientations (all ages)
More programs are being added! Check our website for more information.
Winter/Spring registration for all recreation programs will open on Thursday, Dec. 1!
- Basketball Camp: Tuesday/Wednesday, Dec. 27 and 28, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., ages 6-12, Greenvale Park Elementary, $59
- Ninja Tag Games: Thursday/Friday, Dec. 29 and 30, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., ages 4-6, Northfield Middle School Gym, $59
- Horse Camp: Wednesday/Thursday, Dec. 28 and 29, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., ages 4-17, Cornerstone on the Vermillion, $250
The NFSA will open registrations for the spring 2023 season in early January. Players ages 7 to 14 are invited to play competitive travel softball.
The association will also offer training opportunities this winter to get ready for the season. Find details at northfieldfastpitch.org.
Skating lessons make a great holiday gift for the whole family!
Registration opens Dec. 1 through Community Education for winter skating lessons. Lessons for ages 4-adult take place Sundays, Jan. 15-Mar. 5, at the Northfield Ice Arena. All abilities and skating goals are welcome — beginner, advanced, teens, adults, figure skaters, and hockey players. Group, specialty, and private lessons are available. Come build skills and confidence for skating and for life with our professionally certified staff in a positive, safe environment.
Congratulations to all athletes who participated in our winter season tryouts. Teams have been announced, and our season begins soon. Please visit our website at northfieldvolleyball.com for additional information on our program, surrounding clinic/camp opportunities, and next season information.
The James Gang youth wrestlers practice in the Northfield High School wrestling room on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7 p.m. Beginner practices end on Jan. 12, 2023. Advanced season ends March 30, 2023. No practice over the holiday break.
- Beginner Wrestling practice is from 6-7 p.m.
- Advanced Wrestling practice is from 7-8 p.m.