May Sports Announcements
There is a way for EVERY child to play …
SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE IN EACH SPORT
Please contact: Community Action Center of Northfield, 507-664-3550
We encourage you to check each association’s website for the most current information.
Note: Each organization’s title in red font links to its website.
The YMCA has activities for all!
- Summer Camp Registration is now open (preschool-grade 7)
- Healthy Kids Day, Saturday April 29, 9 a.m.-noon
- Y Kids Tri, Saturday, June 24 (kids ages 6-14)
- FREE Monthly Middle School Activity Nights (grades 6-8)
- Homework Help (grades 6-12)
- Swimming Lessons (all ages)
- Open Gym (all ages)
- Personal Training (all ages)
- Intramural Sports – volleyball, basketball, and more! (grades 9-12)
- Youth Memberships (up to 17 years old)
- Fitness Orientations (all ages)
- Spring Creek Elementary: M-Th, May 1-4, 3:30-4:30 p.m., grades 1-5
- Bridgewater Elementary: M-Th, May 8-11, 3:30-4:30 p.m., grades 1-5
- Greenvale Park/NCEC: M-Th, May 15-18, 3:30-4:30 p.m., grades 1-5
Grand Slammers/Acers Indoor Tennis:
- Grand Slammers: Bridgewater, Tuesdays, May 2-16, 3:30-4:30 p.m., grades K-5
- Acers: Bridgewater, Wednesdays, May 3-17, 3:30-4:15 p.m., grades K-5
Northfield Ice Arena, Fridays, May 5, 12, 19, 6-8 p.m., all ages. Roll around on roller skates at our hometown ice arena!
Red Cross Swim Lessons:
Northfield Middle School, Levels 1-6: M, W, Th, May 8-19, various times between 6 p.m. and 8:10 p.m., ages 6+
Northfield Golf Club, Wednesdays, May 10-24, 3:30-4:30 p.m., ages 6-14
The Northfield Hockey Association is excited to announce that we will once again offer a summer hockey program for Summer 2023. We will run two separate 4-week sessions. If players sign up for both sessions, they will receive a $50 discount. For more information (dates, schedule, and cost), please visit our website at: northfieldhockey.net
Never played hockey before? Are you interested in trying hockey for free? No experience necessary! We will host an event on Wednesday, July 12, 2023, from 4-5:30 p.m. at our Northfield Hockey Arena. Our High School and NHA coaches and players will team up to provide an unforgettable experience for any child between the ages of 4 and 8 who is interested in playing hockey. All equipment is provided for this event, and it all comes at no cost to you. If you are interested in signing up, please contact Brittany Ellerbusch at email@example.com
Registration for in-house soccer is closing! We would love to have your child join us for soccer this spring and summer. Fees, scholarship info, and registration details are available on our website: www.northfieldsoccer.org/registration.
There will be one final session of indoor tennis lessons for elementary-aged kids at Bridgewater Elementary School in May. We partner with Community Ed to offer a new and innovative indoor tennis program that your child will love! Using unique training equipment and drills, all aspects of tennis will be taught and practiced in an engaging way.
Swinging the racket shouldn’t stop when the snow flies, so register your child today and captivate them with this lifetime sport. All equipment provided. Contact Community Ed at 507-664-3649 or register online!
Join us for the Northfield Wrestling summer camp.
When: Monday, June 19, and Tuesday, June 20
Time: K-grade 6: 8-11 a.m.; grades 7-12: 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
Clinicians: Drew Woodley and Jake Messner
Where: Northfield High School wrestling room
Cost: $60 for both days