August Sports Announcements
There is a way for EVERY child to play…
SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE IN EACH SPORT
Please contact: Community Action Center of Northfield, 507-664-3550
We encourage you to check each association’s website for the most current information.
The Northfield Area Family YMCA is running a variety of family and youth programming this summer! Programs are available to both YMCA members and community members. Please check our website for the latest updates and program offerings. Scholarships are available for memberships (did you know we have a youth membership?!) and programs.
Summer Programs Include:
- Healthy Kids Day! Aug. 28, 9 a.m.-12 p.m. (northfieldymca.org/healthy/events/healthy-kids-day)
- Swimming Lessons (ages 6 mo+)
- Personal Training (all ages)
- Group Exercise Classes (ages 13+)
- Summer Camp!
- Swim Lessons, Monday-Thursday, Aug. 2-12, ages 6 months+
- Challenger Soccer Camps, Monday-Friday, Aug. 2-6, ages 3-16
- Sports Unlimited Football Camp, Monday-Thursday, Aug. 2-5, ages 8-14
- Sports Unlimited Ninja/Tag Camp, Monday-Thursday, Aug. 2-5, ages 4-6
- Ultimate Frisbee Camp, Monday-Thursday, Aug. 2-5, ages 3-8
- Cheer Camp, Saturday, Aug. 7, entering grades K-8
- YEL 4! Fencing, Monday-Thursday, Aug. 9-12, entering grades 2-12
- Twins Baseball Camp, Monday-Friday, Aug. 9-13, ages 6-14
- Sports Unlimited Lacrosse Camps, Monday-Thursday, Aug. 9-12, ages 5-12
- Youth Horse Camp, Monday-Thursday, Aug. 9-12 or Aug. 23-26, ages 4-17
- Skyhawks Mini Hawk Camp, Monday-Thursday, Aug. 9-12, ages 4-7
- Skyhawks Multi-Sport Camp, Monday-Thursday, Aug. 9-12, ages 6-12
- Firearm Safety, Monday-Thursday, Aug. 23-26 + Field Day Aug. 27 and Monday & Tuesday, Aug. 30-31, ages 11+
- All Comers Track Meet (No-cost Family Fun Event)! Wednesday, Aug. 25, 6 p.m., all ages
We had a successful spring/summer 2021 soccer season, and registration is now open on our website for all fall programs:
- In-house: U4-U8 (players born 2014-2018)
- Academy: U9-U10 (players born 2012-2013)
- Traveling: U10-U14 (players born 2008-2012)
Please complete registration by Aug. 7. If you miss the deadline, contact email@example.com to inquire about space on teams.
Looking forward to seeing you back on the fields!
The Northfield Swim Club is celebrating 50 years! We are a year-round competitive swim club that serves swimmers ages 6-18 years old in Northfield, Cannon Falls, Randolph and other surrounding communities. We are a 100+ member club with swimmers who are just beginning competitive swimming to swimmers who are state-level competitors. If you can swim at least one length of the pool (25 yards), you can join the swim club! We offer fall, winter, spring, and summer sessions. Check the website for latest updates to our upcoming Fall Session!
Summer tennis programs are underway! We have programs for children and adults. Visit our website for more information and sign up through Northfield Community Ed.
2021 Fall Season Tryouts are scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 19, from 6-7:30 p.m. at Northfield Middle School for 12s (5th & 6th graders) and 14s (7th & 8th graders). Online registration begins Aug. 1 at northfieldvolleyball.com. Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.